The Executive MBA in Strategic Leadership (EMBA SL) enhances and advances critical leadership skills needed to shape and guide organizations in today’s ever shifting environments. Built upon the MBA core curriculum, the EMBA SL informs effective leaders who understand and can implement sustainable strategies.
Upon completion of the degree, students will have:
- A broad range of managerial skills including the importance and practice of accounting, finance, marketing, management, and law. Students will appreciate the importance of these functions to the operation of telecommunications firms, as well as be able to integrate these areas in the context of particular business models
- Exposure to, and analysis of, a variety of strategic options, including financial, technical, value chain, marketing, and organizational dimensions
- An appreciation for the importance of, and boundaries for, ethical management decisions
- Students will also be effective communicators, quantitatively literate, and effective team members and leaders
The general requirements for admission to graduate studies at APU are found in the Admissions section of the catalog. In addition, there are several specific requirements for the EMBA SL program as follows:
- A current resume demonstrating appropriate managerial experience of two years or more
- Two letters of recommendation dated within the past year
- 500-800 word essay outlining personal and professional goals as related to the EMBA program
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended*
- Completion of admission interview
* For applicants lacking an appropriate undergraduate degree, at least 60 credits of completed undergraduate work, 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, GMAT test with a score of at least at the 50th percentile will be required. Admission of applicants lacking an undergraduate degree will be reported to the Graduate Studies Committee.