The Executive MBA in Strategic Leadership (EMBA SL) enhances and advances critical leadership skills needed to shape and guide organizations in today’s ever shifting environments. Built upon the MBA core curriculum, the EMBA SL informs effective leaders who understand and can implement sustainable strategies.
The general requirements for admission to graduate studies at APU are found at the beginning of the section describing graduate programs. In addition, there are several specific requirements for the EMBA SL program as follows:
- Resume. Submit a current resume.
- Letters of Recommendation. Submit two current letters of recommendation, using the Recommendation Forms in the Admissions packet.
- Work Experience. A minimum of 2 years appropriate managerial experience required; 5 years preferred; or concurrent enrollment in another APU MBA program.
- Essay. 500-800 words outlining your personal and professional motivations for seeking an MBA
- Undergraduate work. Undergraduate degree or equivalent. *
- Application Deadline. August 1 for Fall semester, December 1 for Spring semester, and April 1 for Summer semester.
For international students either a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or screening by one of our international partners would be required to ensure sufficient ability to study in courses that will be delivered in English.
Enrollment will be limited. This is to ensure the quality of the small class/personal experience and a reasonable parity with the numbers of Asian and European students in the classes.
* For applicants lacking an appropriate undergraduate degree, at least 60 credits of completed undergraduate work, 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, GMAT test with a score of at least at the 50th percentile, essay describing the applicants goals in pursuing the degree, plus a successful interview with a departmental admissions committee will be required. Admission of applicants lacking an undergraduate degree will be reported to the Graduate Studies Committee.