The Business Administration Department offers degree and certification programs that advance professional networks and leadership ability.
Alaska Pacific University’s undergraduate Business Administration degrees are designed to support business and professional careers. These degrees meet the educational needs of students by offering a curriculum rich in active learning. At the undergraduate level the department offers Associate of Arts degrees in Business Administration and Accounting. The department also offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Accounting and Business Administration and Management. The department also offers an Accelerated Business Administration and Mangement/Master of Business Administration, BAM/MBA degree. Associate degrees help students develop solid foundations in theories of business with grounding in the liberal arts. The Bachelor degrees build upon either the Associates’ foundations or the student’s previous credits and work experiences. By deepening the knowledge base through more complex coursework in conjunction with the capacity to synthesize and apply that knowledge, students are able to:
- Develop skill sets necessary to be successful in the work place
- Enhance/develop leadership skills
- Understand theoretical foundations that underlie the subject disciplines
- Promote self direction through independent work
- Develop/enhance problem solving skills
- Gain a deeper understanding of ethical responsibilities of the profession(s)
- Understand the discipline in the context of the larger natural, cultural, social and ethical environments in which they operate
Alaska Pacific University offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Services Administration or a concentration in Finance. The department also offers an Executive MBA in Information and Communication Technology (EMBA ICT) and an Executive MBA in Strategic Leadership (EMBA SL). The department also offers a Certificate of Graduate Studies in Entrepreneurship, Certificate of Graduate Studies in Investments, and Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program Certificate. These options provide for management skills necessary to operate successfully at the executive level in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing, global environment.